To keep your jewellery’s brilliance, learn what to avoid and how to care for your precious metals, diamonds and natural gemstones with the care instructions below:
Caring For and Wearing Your Jewellery
- To help protect the durability and high-quality of your jewellery, remove your jewellery when you shower, bathe or engage in heavy exercise, particularly when swimming in the sea or a chlorinated swimming pool.
- All of our gemstones are natural and therefore can be vulnerable to absorbing dirt and to chipping. Settings may also become loose over-time.
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying creams or any other liquids directly onto your jewellery.
- Keep your jewellery away from extreme temperatures, humidity or sunlight.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach, cleaning products and other chemicals.
How to Store Your Jewellery
- We highly recommend that you store your jewellery in the original Monica Vinader packaging provided or another suitably lined box or soft pouch and place a small packet of desiccant crystals in the packaging if you live in a humid climate.
- Ideally store your pieces of jewellery separately, so that they don't rub together or become tangled.
Cleaning Precious Metals
- To keep your jewellery looking radiant and to remove the build-up of dirt and premature tarnish we recommend using our own Monica Vinader polishing cloth (available on request). Rub the piece in one direction rather than circular motions.
- A Silver cleaner can be used to clean Sterling Silver pieces but not 18ct Rose or Yellow Gold Vermeil.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they can cause scratching.
- Since many natural gemstones can be quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times.
- Clean your gemstones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing.
- Very porous stones such as Turquoise, Howlite and Emerald should be cleaned using an untreated, dry, soft cloth only.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
Cleaning Cord Bracelets
- The best way to clean the thread on your corded friendship bracelets is to occasionally wash them with a soft sponge and mild soap in lukewarm water.
How to Prevent Tarnishing
- All our Sterling Silver product is protected with an anti-tarnish solution to help prevent tarnish but this may eventually wear with time.
- Silver tarnishes rapidly when exposed to certain substances in our everyday lives so we recommend caring for, wearing and storing your jewellery as mentioned above.
Nickel is a trace metal which can be found in any precious metals such as silver or gold, it is also classified as an allergen.
We do not add Nickel to Monica Vinader jewellery, however trace amounts can be found in some of the metals used in our pieces.
We have a comprehensive programme to test for all trace metals which are potentially harmful. This is conducted by an independent laboratory to ensure they are below the legal standard, however, a very small number of people who are hypersensitive may suffer a reaction. Please inform our Customer Care team if this affects you.
Two Year Warranty
Every piece of Monica Vinader jewellery is covered by a two year warranty on receipt of a valid proof of purchase. View our two year warranty policy here.
Every piece of Monica Vinader Jewellery is covered by a two year warranty on receipt of a valid proof of purchase. This warranty applies to all of our products across the globe, regardless of where you purchased them from. Within two years if your jewellery needs repair we will provide you with a full repair service free of charge.
To return your jewellery to us for assessment, please use our online returns process.
This warranty is in addition to other rights you may have in relation to the piece.
All gemstones used in our jewellery have been purchased from legitimate sources, not involved in funding conflict, and are in compliance with United Nations Resolutions. We ensure that no conflict diamonds will be knowingly sold and that we will undertake reasonable measures to help prevent the sale of conflict diamonds in the UK.
In order to ensure our diamonds are conflict free we have signed agreements with all of our suppliers to ensure they will always purchase diamonds from reputable dealers who adhere to the Kimberley Process.